Monday, December 6, 2010

So much to be thankful for . . .

Thanksgiving this year was particularly special because it also happened to fall on the same day my mom's parents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. The whole family spent the holiday in Cooper, Texas and it was a wonderful family get-together.

Happy 65th Anniversary Granny & Granddad!

We spent some wonderful time with Honey, and Gramma V and Ivy were brave enough to join in the fun. It was amazing to have so many awesome people gathered to honor my grandparents and to celebrate how much we have to be thankful for this year. I will let the pictures and videos below speak for themselves (mostly).


Hilarity:




Hiding at Honey's House:




Reli helped Honey and I rake Granny and Granddad's leaves.

Morning fun:


Aurelia loves dogs. She got friendly with Apollo, the dog across the street from my grandparents' house.

Before the holiday, Reli and I spent a very blustery day over at the Ingrams' and Reli had a blast sliding on Koruna's slide.




Aurelia and Koruna are such great playmates. Koruna endures Reli's constant desire for whatever Koruna happens to be enjoying at any given moment with as much grace as someone so young can possibly muster. We have a stash of bottled water on a low shelf at the house that Aurelia loves to play with. The other day Koruna noticed Reli's fascination and proceeded to empty the shelf of bottles, one by one, and pile them up at Reli's feet. If a bottle happened to roll away, Koruna would gently return it to the pile. Aurelia was in heaven. She is so lucky to have Koruna in her life. Aren't we all?


My wonderful husband, for whom I am especially grateful, reading to our daughter.


These days are priceless.
I am so grateful.
SIGH.

6 comments:

  1. Priceless. Grateful. I sigh too.....thank you for another incredible post and for coming to
    Cooper to make so many precious memories for so many. I love you all and am missing that Reli Girl.
    Hone

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of your most beautiful posts ever. what an extraordinary tribute to family. what a treasure. thank you. love, psi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like yours does, my cup runneth over. I've re-read this journal entry many times and every time I do, I realize in retrospect how rare and precious our Time together with family is, how important it is to GRAB it, document it as you have done here. THANK YOU for sharing these moments documented in Time. All my love to the Heald/Kaplan clans, F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so lucky to have such wonderful and dedicated followers and family members. It simply makes my heart swell (and eyes well) with joy knowing that other incredible people celebrate in my own journey through this life. Thank you for your comments. You cannot know how much it means to me, and will one day mean to Aurelia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep coming back as well and loving it all over again. How grateful I am that my three girls and their little girls and I now have Pamalama and Flo in our lives - how much richer we all are! One cannot have too may people leaning over the edge of the balcony cheering us on and that is what you both do for all of us. Thank you for being who you are!
    Love to all from Honey (I checked very carefully that I didn't misspell my name.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to the Kaplan clan and little Miss Aurelia in particular. What a wonderful gift she was to us in 2010 and now I am so looking forward to 2011 with a one year old!!

    Much love to all,
    Honey

    ReplyDelete