Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Turning Over A New Leaf


Well friends, our dear little Aurelia is acquiring new skills ever so quickly. Every day brings something new it seems. She has never been a fan of "tummy time" but our efforts to get her acquainted with being on her stomach have paid off in spades. Our girl can turn onto her side!


I think several factors have contributed to her newfound mobility, not the least of which is a change from the strictures of a bulky cloth diaper. She has joined the green revolution in a different way by switching to Gdiapers which are cloth on the outside but have a disposable insert that biodegrades in 50 days! The slimmer diaper has given her legs more room to move. So not only has she perfected the art of turning onto her side, yesterday she rolled onto her stomach and just today she turned over from her stomach to her back under Aunt Whitney's proud gaze. Wow! I will catch it on video soon to share with all of you.

In addition to all of her tossing and turning, Aurelia has begun the beloved baby art of blowing raspberries. And, thanks to the fact that her drooling has ramped up considerably, her raspberries make for slobbery fun!


Here are some fun photos from the past week:

Reli hugging her froggie blanket from the Christensens,
which Aunt Whitney affectionately nicknamed
"Fronket".

Smiling with Becky (and soon to be Baby Wittsche!)

Sitting pretty in her spring clothes:

Hook 'em Horns, Reli style!

To our faithful followers, I realize it has been more than a week since I last posted an update. My apologies. The next video is of Aurelia giving a serious lecture. Perhaps it was directed at me regarding the lack of recent blog posts. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. My how she grows!! Turning and drooling and working so hard at getting cuter every few minutes, and still time to lecture her mama! I must say you paid excellent attention Shazaam, because this entry is spectacular. Not quite as good as being there, but it helps!! I think the fronket is one of my new favorite things, and I think Miss Aurelia loves him too by the look of that grip. Ahhhhhhh...love from Honey.

    ReplyDelete