Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankfulness

Thanksgiving this year was awesome.  It was the first year Jonathan and I got to host my favorite holiday at our house and it was wonderful having family and friends come share in the holiday with us.  I made my first turkey here all by myself (using tips I learned from Henry Kaplan) and Yano carved his first turkey!  I was impressed.  Koruna had a big day - her first bite of solid food, fun time with Yoshimi and of course lots of time spent in the loving arms of her "Honey".  Time spent with family is priceless in my book and I hope that next year we can get an even bigger crowd here to join in the festivities - What do you say Kaplans?  Thanksgiving 2010, Texas-style?






We have so many things to be thankful for this year.  Not the least of which is that our little girl will be here soon!  I have gained the requisite number of pounds and the doctors are all very happy with my progress.  I was on "modified bedrest" for a couple of weeks because I was having contractions 2-3 minutes apart.  I was still able to work from home and go into the office a couple of days a week.  However, at our last appointment they took me off modified bedrest and gave me the go ahead to move about freely.  Fortunately, that little hiccup didn't last long at all.  I have my 36 week checkup this week and they will make sure she is head down.  They will also estimate how big she is now.  Here are a few photos from the past couple of weeks.  The first one is from 34 weeks, 2 days and the last one is from today, 35 weeks and 3 days.













Another thing we are thankful for is the amazing nursery Ian and Daniel are creating.  They have made a lot of progress lately and we think they will be done in just a couple more sessions.  It is looking incredible and I can only imagine how inspired Aurelia will be growing up surrounded by such beauty.  Here are some update pics of the nursery.

The countdown continues to Aurelia's birthday.  We are so excited to meet her and to introduce her to all of you!  Approximately 4 weeks to go . . .



3 comments:

  1. How very grateful I am to have been part of such a special time of thanksgiving at the Kaplan Casa. These are some beautiful parents and aunts and uncles and friends and an especially adorable little cousin! It won't be long now....
    Love,
    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hook 'em Horns. I can be convinced. Hopefully we'll see you much sooner than that in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the invite...we'll see how the year goes but we'd love to come to Austin!

    ReplyDelete