Monday, December 12, 2011

2 Months Old

I realize that I will not be winning any "mother of the year" awards based on the length of time between blog posts about these amazing little girls. I hope that this post will catch you all up on what we have been up to these past few weeks.

In the time that has elapsed, Aurelia has potty trained. It was an adventure to say the least. She has come a long way and now she comes home from school most days in the clothes (and panties) she was wearing when she left the house.

Feast your eyes and ears on the photos and videos below.

Vivianna had her 2 month checkup today. She is perfectly healthy and weighed in at 10 lbs, 15 ounces.



Vivianna's play mat is one of the girls' favorite spots to hang out together.

They are so sweet together. It is obvious that they already love each other.




Aurelia is busy these days. I take her on mother-daughter dates whenever I can. We went to the children's museum the other day and she had a ball.
Another day we went to the pet store and she got to spend a lot of time looking at the fish - her favorite part.

Thanksgiving Day was a wonderful event at our house. One of my favorite activities is cooking with Aurelia and Koruna. We made banana bread together. It was a well-managed process with a lot of adult participation. What fun!


More Thanksgiving family fun:



Jonathan participated in "Movember" last month to raise money for prostate cancer awareness. Once it was over, he shaved his beard but left this amazing mustache for a few days. I love it!



Mornings are sometimes a very hectic time around here. But we usually spend at least an hour as a family before the madness really gets going.



6 comments:

  1. Feast is the right word! You make it worth waiting for! I can hardly believe our baby Vivi is two months old - she is practically talking already! Such a joy to see those sisters interact. And you know I especially loved Reli giving Vivianna her pacifier - it took me straight back to you and Whitney! I love every image and every word of commentary. Thanks for the gift.

    I love all of you,
    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is worth the wait...and don't you go feeling guilty...my, one glance at these images and one gets the picture. you are a wonderful mother. that is reflected in every frame....how you balance all you balance is worthy of high praise for sure and mother of the year is an award you will surely share with your sister. love, psi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful comments. Thank you, Mom! And thank you, Pam! I feel much better now. I will try to post more frequently in the future, but know that even when I don't post, we are probably doing the same things described above. What a wild ride . . . Love,
    Momma/Shazaam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait! Was that Tom Selleck at your house??? Handsome man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These videos and pictures make you realize how fast things change. Each day they change and I miss it. When I do see them in person, the .advancement is more than I can imagine. Papasita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that Vivi! The picture of Reli with her head in Vivianna's "lap" makes me laugh and my eyes tear up a little to see them playing and learning to love each other. Neither of them will remember life without her sister. As you know, that is a great gift. So are you.
    Love,
    Honey

    ReplyDelete