Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day and other Adventures

It snowed in Austin last night and we awoke this morning to a fresh blanket of white powder outside. This is Aurelia's first snow. Her first taste of the magical flakes that fall from the sky and transform the world of yesterday into a world shrouded in soft mystery. Snow makes things look so peaceful and quiet. We took her out to enjoy it.




One of the lovely women I work with made a gorgeous hat for Aurelia. She loves it! The night I brought it home she could not stay away from the mirror. I have a feeling she knows how cute she is.


A fun interaction with some of Reli and some of her words.


Two ponytails are Reli's signature hair style these days.
And some days are two bow days.


An 80 degree day last weekend prompted a Kaplan-Ingram walk in the greenbelt.

Birthday cake is a wonderful thing.
She was skeptical at first, but the icing won her over.


I am sorry, but skirt hair is some of the best fun a girl can have.
Thank you, Honey for the awesome skirt!

Said skirt, worn appropriately, with accompanying cuteness.
What cute birthday clothes. Thanks Honey!

Sneaking up on herself in the mirror.

Grandma Becky and Papasita brought the girls rocking chairs with their names on them.
Reli LOVES hers!

They also got her a zebra walker/scooter for her birthday, which she loves to push around.


Some of her words these days are: pease (please), tay-too (thank you), neh-neh (necklace), ying (earring), buda-buda-buda (blueberries), more, heppah (help), hope-ah (open), cheese.
Bye-bye!

6 comments:

  1. what? you expect us to even begin to respond to such an amazing post? WOW! All we can say is WOW! love - pamnjake

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I add my WOW to Pamalama's?? That is one precious, precocious, pony-tail wearing, funny fashionista! Thank you for taking the pictures and the videos and the time to share it all with us. How I wish I was in Austin with all of you enjoying the snow. If only there were not 7 inches in my own driveway and who knows how much more between us!
    I love you all,
    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up, down all around she is the cutest little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I need a fix caws I'm goin doww-ow-owwwnnnn"

    Where. Are. You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has anyone at your house noticed that it is spring?? Not snow days?? That it has been a loooong time since Feb. 4th?? We are happy to see Reli occasionally on the Ingram blog and on the herndonheald blog, but we miss her here! I'm with Flo - we need a fix!
    Love,
    Honey

    ReplyDelete