She can pull herself up. She can cruise. She can walk holding onto your hands. And, yes, she's starting to crawl. Woah . . . She'll be truly mobile before we know it. I am guessing by the time she's 8 months old she will be crawling all over the place. That is really soon. Wow!
Two days ago she got her knees under her and here are her first attempts at crawling - forward that is. She's been pretty good at pushing herself several feet backwards for a few weeks now. Finally, victory is within reach. She can move toward things!
We have had a great summer so far, hanging out with friends and my family. Here are some pictures of Aurelia and Koruna playing over at Runa's house.
Music time!
Here are the girls at the Christensen's for a pool party to celebrate Sunny's 3rd birthday.
Aurelia tried her first watermelon a couple of weeks ago. I froze it so that she could chew on it to relieve her gums. Her reaction makes me laugh every time.
Reading time with Momma and Dada:
Swinging with Dada and Uncle Ian - problem free!
Reli didn't really start babbling until about a week ago. Now her favorite thing to say is "Moh-Muh-Moh-Muh". Sometimes she seems to associate it with me, but mostly it is indiscriminate jabbering. The way it started was with her making huge slobber bubbles as she sounded out the Mmmmoooommmmuuhhh. She's pretty good with the bubbles I have to say. She hasn't started babbling with any other consonants (like "D" for instance, come on Reli!), but hopefully that is just around the corner. Here she is in the mirror, playing and talking away.
Her hair is getting pretty long and her bangs sometimes get in her eyes, so I put this headband on her. Of course (as seen above) that is when she decided to crawl. I am sure she will be humiliated by the headband when she looks back on this. Sorry future, teenage Reli!
Too cute:
Where did my awesome headband go?
Bye-Bye!

How fast can she go? How fast can she grow? Too fast for me. Slow down and save some development for me to witness.
ReplyDeleteShe hardly seems like a baby anymore! I love watching her crawl and am so proud of her - and the watermelon makes me laugh as much as Jonathan did! Her hair is so amazing to me - Heald girls didn't have much hair as babies so I am enamored with Reli's wild look. I personally love the headband and I bet if Grandma Becky knows you need more bows, she can fix you up! Thanks for the beautiful post of your beautiful girl.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Honey
this is a crazy amount of cuteness people! i love that sweet reli!
ReplyDeleteawesome post Momma!
ReplyDelete