In the 10 days since my last post Aurelia has done so much. On Father's Day she cut her second tooth. Now she has two tiny teeth peeking out from her gorgeous grin.
A couple of days later she started to sit up on her own. Now she is sitting up like a big girl! Here is a video of her playing with her birdies on the toy she got from her Grandma Marcia. She loves those little birdies!
We went to visit Brant, Joanie and their little boy, Oliver, in Northern California over the weekend and Reli had her first swimming pool experience. She loved being in the water and we all enjoyed the respite from the already very hot days here in Texas. It was wonderful being with our friends and spending some much needed down time as a family. Here is a video of Aurelia swimming and some photos of our time in Cotati.
Poolside Family Time
Her most recent "accomplishment" started happening just last night. Several times throughout the night she turned over onto her stomach. As some of you know, Reli has not historically been a big fan of tummy time. As a result, she has ALWAYS slept on her back or her side. When she turned herself onto her tummy last night she strenuously objected and requested immediate assistance to rectify the unpleasant situation, to which I responded with swift action. Although she learned many weeks ago how to turn herself from her stomach to her back, with all of her recent developments, she seems to have forgotten that skill. Well, when she went down to sleep tonight she again turned herself to her stomach and after a few minutes of objection, she actually fell asleep. That was 2 and a half hours ago! (Yes, she is still breathing). I think that this is all part of her body telling her it is time to prepare to crawl. Wow. And Yikes! On that note here are some photos of our girl from the past 10 days.
Here she is playing in the ball pool her friend Elijah has at home, lucky boy!
And here she is "swimming in our backyard where we had a little fun with her hair. Her swim mohawk is awesome.
In addition, here is a video of Koruna on her first birthday, saying "Hi" to her cousin Reli - Melts my heart.
Love to you all,
Momma.



Thank you! I was prepared to remind you that Father's Day was long gone and it was time to move on, but you figured it out just in time. And you made it so worth the wait! Aurelia is one amazing girl and have I mentioned lately that she is GORGEOUS?? That hair is something else - swimming mohawk included! I am missing all of you and wish I could wake up in the morning and have breakfast with you.
ReplyDeleteMy love,
Honey
there is too much cuteness here to handle!! i love y'all so much!
ReplyDeletelooove seeing that l'il beauty in the water - what a little fish. we'll all be playing marco polo before we know it.
ReplyDeleteSo did I think to mention that I desperately need a print of that beautiful family portrait at the top of this post?? You are all stunning individually, but collectively you take my breath away. I have watched Reli swim already this morning (thank goodness for her fabulous GamaPamaLama hat!) and seen again how well she sits up alone and plays with her toys and read again of all her recent accomplishment. Ahhhh, what a wonderful way to start any day. Happy Independence Day Weekend!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Honey
Welcome home! We missed you! Seriously now, does anyone on Team Kaplan ever have a bad hair day, spinach in your teeth, a rash? No faaaair how naturally, flawlessly beautiful everyone is!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I admire Reli for her bravery during the Cousins Saying Hi video. I looked at her sitting in the Florida Day Spa [palm trees swaying overhead] and suspected by her little furrowed brow that she was bearing up under teething discomfort. What a trooper.
Flo, you are so empathetic. I was sure Aurelia was thinking "I don't even like Jimmy Buffet that much and here I am wearing this parrot on my head!"
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete"...you are so empathetic."
ReplyDeleteHoney, I must make multiple confessions because the reason I thought teething was underway is I could really see how Reli's lips and jaw were just chewing away the whole time. The first thing I do with these blog videos is click them twice, which takes them back to the youtube channel where Suzanne downloads them in the first place, this move enlarges the viewing screen a little bit. Once I have the video screened on YT, I click the "Expand" button on the YT toolbar which enlarges the screen a little bit more even. The third thing on my side is this 20" iMac sitting on my desk. My final flourish is to tilt my head back so I'm viewing the videos through the close-up bottom third of my trifocals! Then I sit forward really close and study every single thing on everyone's face. Then I replay the video one hundred thousand times and wonder where my day has gone! Hap-py!
Memo to Pamalama:
ReplyDeleteI'm staging an intervention: It's time to get you into those trifocals you've been avoiding, girrrl. You can't put it off any longerrr. Aurelia's eyes are not browwwwn. Ok?
Did i make her blue eyes brown? deep and dark and lustrous and sparkly they are...but nope...they are blue for sure. musta been projecting john's brown eyes onto his daughter. dont go telling me his eyes are blue now. anyway, i do confess, eyesight is not one of my strong qualities. mea culpa....achhhhhhhhhh
ReplyDeletey'all just make me laugh. i have been trying to sit on my hands and not comment. have been feeling like a blog stalker ever since honey encouraged me to share.. and feeling like maybe enough is enough,but then flo goes and says what i am thinking about how gorgeous those kaplans are and little aurelia just is blossoming before our eyes , sitting up and showing off with her new teeth and lovely vocalizations, charming us with those deep and sparkling BLUE eyes and that great ellen barkin grin of hers and then honey keeps writing beautiful and witty observations that are only matched by her daughters' exquisite writings and so well- y'all just 'talk amongst yourselves' and know that i am lurking back here soaking it all in- loving the chance to witness beautiful and extraordinary parents raise such gifted babies. feeling lucky to be an observer. pamalama aka voyeur
ReplyDeleteI don't know if the intention of these blogs was for the viewers to laugh together and love each other and communicate as if it were email, but I LOVE that aspect of it! Flo, I laughed so hard as I pictured how you view these videos and from now on if I have any questions, I will just ask you. And Suzanne and Jonathan (of the brown eyes) should do the same. And Pam, don't you dare refrain from commenting - you will make me and Flo look bad ....how many views a day do you suppose is considered excessive?
ReplyDeleteThanks for including me in the circle of love,
Honey
This is PRECISELY the sort of camaraderie I HOPE these blogs inspire - LOVE flowing freely from all over. I am so grateful for your beautiful observations, and for your bravery in sharing your insights. You may never know what it means to this Momma's heart to hear you all sing our daughter's (and niece's) praises, and feel their pain. It is such an awesome thing that we can all share, no matter how far apart we are. Thanks y'all!!!
ReplyDelete"How many views a day do you suppose is considered excessive?"
ReplyDeleteLOL
I thought Excessive Everything was flat invented in Texas. I thought in Texas it's not any good unless it's over the top and off the chart, right? You just go ahead and excessively view those grandchildren videos as many times a day/hour/minute as you want, no one's counting. [You should have counted the number of times I viewed your hat collection, my gosh the hats they just kept coming, one after the other after the other....]. Hap-py!
"Texas, Land of Excessive Everything." I believe we have our new state motto! Thanks for not only permission to view excessively, but encouragement! I love that.
ReplyDeleteHoney
y'all....this is really wonderful. you are right honey and thank yous suzanne and flo- just keepit flowin'...i am reminded of a blog link flo sent to me a little over a week ago and the message was about what our purpose is in life,referencing Forster's "Howards End' message to "...only connect." connecting here with y'all and being able to observe these lives unfolding so beautifully just fills me up and makes me smile and feel an optimism about the future that is not so readily available to folks who don't have such strong family ties. Nothing that good could be too excessive could it now? love to eachanother, pamalam
ReplyDeleteIt is such pleasure to see a happy family. The sparkle is those eyes is all the fireworks I need this Independence Day.
ReplyDeleteHurrah!
ReplyDeleteTexas, Proud Land of Excessive Everything! [I added a word, what do you think?]
I can't help noticing that WahWah's little girls get to take very nice vacations, but I don't see WahWah going off on a getaway. I'm concerned for the Head Nanny's morale, shall we pass the hat for WahWah?
Best guess yet: Might it be possible WW is actually looking forward to a bit of absolute quiet on Rae Dell? I hope so.
Thinking of you WW....