The last few days have brought about some exciting "firsts" in Aurelia's life. On Saturday, Aunt Whitney, Honey, Aurelia and I were sitting in a high school auditorium waiting to see our niece/granddaughter/cousin Simone dance in her first recital. Aurelia was chewing on my hand when I felt a little something sharp scraping my skin. I felt along her gums and just a few days shy of turning 5 months old, Aurelia cut her first tooth! It is her left front tooth on the bottom. I think she is proud of herself. Her smile seems a little bigger now that she has something to show off. Here she is grinning ear to ear with Poppa Jake and Gamma Pamma Lamma.
While Honey was here over the weekend, she and Aurelia had some fantastic time together. Honey brought her a new toy and a cute monogrammed toy keeper strap. She babysat for us one night and she spent every minute she could showering Aurelia with love and attention. What an awesome grandma! Here are the two of them making each other laugh and I think this might just count as Aurelia's first "No".
Here are Aurelia's first pigtails.
Yesterday was another first for Aurelia. Her night sleep has been a lot less consistent lately which I have simply chalked up to teething. Jonathan convinced me to call the doctor's office and she suggested that maybe she is waking up because she is hungrier than before. Her next suggestion - start her on solids. So we did! Last night Aurelia had her first bites of rice cereal. I actually had to put her high chair together yesterday so she would have a place to eat her first meal. She took really well to being fed and she seemed to enjoy the cereal. And so begins a whole new world of "firsts" . . .


Wow!! I was thrilled to get to share in some of these "firsts" and now I can hardly wait to get a turn feeding her! And please don't blame me for all the many "no's" in your future. So, did she sleep better with a fuller tummy? Oh how I love all of you!
ReplyDeleteHoney
You are certainly not to blame for Reli telling us "no" in the future. Unfortunately, no, she did not sleep better with a full tummy. Perhaps it is just teething that is keeping her (and us) from getting a good night's sleep. She is a tough one so I am sure she will adjust. In the meantime we are having fun getting to feed her!
ReplyDeletewhat a thrill for us to have our "first" aurelia meeting- she is a doll and we loved being with your beautiful family- including ingrams, honey and wha wha whitney. we are so blessed. thank you for a special first. love, jake and pam
ReplyDelete