Saturday, June 5, 2010

Long Beach with the Kaplans

Last weekend was Ben Kaplan's bar mitzvah and his 13th birthday so we went to Long Beach to celebrate with him. Aurelia did pretty well on the flights, but the highlight of her trips was meeting her cousins and aunts and uncles for the first time. She was reveling in the attention and I am sure she will want to see everyone again soon. I did not get enough pictures or video, but here is what I got.

The man of the hour and the woman who made the whole weekend come off without a hitch: Ben and Stefanie.

Here is a video of Reli with her cousins Noah, Micheal and Ella (the San Diego Kaplans) and some pictures of her with her Aunt Lyn. It was love at first sight.


"Aunt Lyn, have you seen my belly button? It is really cute."

Because Reli is the youngest baby, we got the guest room of honor at the Long Beach Kaplan's house, which meant we got extra special time with Josh, Stefanie, Kayla and Ben. Thank you all for putting up with a little screaming and a little less sleep. Hope it was worth it! We certainly enjoyed staying with you.

Some morning time with Uncle Josh:


Here is Reli with her cousins Ben and Kayla, and another shot of her with me and Kayla (no, that is not an optical illusion, Kayla is taller than me!). They were both awesome with her. She misses you already!


Ben went with Aurelia, Jonathan and I to the beach on Saturday (his birthday). It was Aurelia's first time to see the ocean! Wow.

Happy birthday Ben!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safely. But I have a complaint. Twice to California to see her cuteness and none to West Texas. Invitation extended. RSVP

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious California Kaplan time you all had! Congratulations Ben and family. I am so glad Aurelia has now met her cousins and aunties and uncles as well as seeing Grandma and Pops! I think we all agree that she is beyond adorable.
    Love,
    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double, triple, quadruple melt! This child has such poise, composure. She will be able to hold her own on stage accepting the spelling bee grand prize [and to think they almost blocked her entry because she was 3 years younger than the other entrants]. And that wardrobe that won't quit! Papasita, I can come to West Texas, is there a Dairy Queen in the area?

    ReplyDelete
  4. reli sure loves those cousins, soo sweet!! i could listen to that laugh all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never have I seen a pack of cuteness stuffed quite so full! I cannot quit looking at those Kaplan kids and listening to Reli laugh with glee at Mikey. You got it Jonathan - a whole pack it is!
    Love,
    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  6. ella wants to watch reli all the time on this....we need to see you guys again very soon!
    lots of love,
    lyn

    ReplyDelete